Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

#36: Poppy



"Poppy" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Amapola" - 15x15cm - Oleo
SOLD


I painted this poppy back at the beginning of the summer and it is a prime example of one of those paintings that I get to like more as time goes by. When I first finished it, I didn't quite like it but let it be. Now I have come to really like it! 
I don't usually take too many process photos but in this case I did and here they are backwards.

Pinté esta amapola al cominezo del verano y es un perfecto ejemplo de uno de esos cuadros que me empieza a gustar mas una vez que pasa el tiempo. Cuando recién lo terminé no estaba muy satisfecha pero lo dejé. Y ahora me gusta mucho!
Normalmente no saco muchas fotos del proceso que uso para pintar. En este caso saqué algunas fotos  y acá están.

I had one of these poppies in the yard and I was afraid of cutting it as I didn't know how long they lasted off the plant, it held up pretty nicely actually, even under the light! 

Tenía una de esta amapolas en el jardín y tenía miedo de cortarla porque no sabía cuánto tiemp iba a durar una vez cortada, pero se mantuvo muy bien, aún debajo de la lámpara!




Here I drew in with the brush the main shapes after a first initial wash to tone the canvas.

Acá simplemente dibujé con el pincel las formas principales despues de una capa liviana  para tonalizar el lienzo


I started applying colour in the main shapes.

Empecé a aplicar color en las formas principales








I started playing a bit more, pushing, pulling and changing  shapes and values until I was happier. I still made more changes after this one to get to the finished one.
Empecé a jugar un poco mas, poniendo, sacando y cambiando formas y valores hasta que estuve un poco mas satisfecha. Hice mas cambios despues de estos hasta llegar a la final.


And here it is finished again! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Y aquí está la terminada! Gracias por visitar mi blog!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...