Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

On The easel




This is what I have been working on the last few of times I have painted. It was half  way there on the first picture (which is where I started today)  Picture 2 still not finished, have to go back in the there and keep layering. There is still work to do but I am happy with the direction this is going into.  I am enjoying the process very much though. I am using acrylics and painting larger than I have been lately.  This one is 20x24.
Somebody asked me the other day what I listen to while painting and sometimes I listen to music, (most times actually) but lately I have started listening to different talks, podcasts and online radio talk shows. Today and the previous time I have listened to AHA (Artists Helping Artists). It is a show that Leslie Saeta puts on once a week on Thursday mornings and they are all online to listen to at any time. They talk about many different aspects of being an artist. It is very interesting, informative and inspiring.

*****

Esto es lo que he estado haciendo las ultimas veces que he pintado. En la primera foto estoy a mitad de camino. En la segunda foto es hasta donde llegue hoy, no he terminado todavía, tengo seguir poniendo capas. Todavía le falta pero estoy satisfecha con la dirección en la que va. Estoy disfrutando del proceso muchísimo. Estoy usando acrílicos y  pintando más grande de lo que he pintado en mucho tiempo. Tiene 50 x 60 cm.
Alguien me pregunto el otro día qué escucho cuando pinto. A veces escucho música (la mayor parte del tiempo) pero últimamente he empezado a escuchar charlas, presentaciones o radio por internet. Hoy y la vez anterior escuche un programa en particular que se llama AHA. (Artistas que ayudan a Artistas). Es un show que Leslie Saeta hace una vez por semana los jueves a la mañana (pero están todos online y se pueden escuchar en cualquier momento. Es interesante, informativo y muchas veces fuente de inspiración. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...