Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

#39: Nanny's White Rose

"Nanny's White Rose" - 6x6 - Oil on. Canvas
"La Rosa Blanca de Nanny" - 15x15cm - Oleo

SOLD

My husband's grandmother used to have this beautiful rose bush in her yard. I always loved it, it produced the biggest a clumps of flowers which lasted a very long time. Unfortunately I don't have any idea what the name for the rose is. Last December Nanny passed away (lived to 100, grew a vegetable garden until the last summer and lived on her own!). One of the things I inherited was that rose bush. She had told me several times:  Marcela, you take that bush with you! And I did! I moved it very late in the season and I was afraid it would make it. It survived and despite the lack of pruning and the move, it gave me the most beautiful flowers this summer! I love gardening, that rose bush and every time I look at it, I remember Nanny. I painted this one last July. 
Thanks for visiting!

*****

La abuela de mi esposo tenía un rosal hermosisimo en su jardín. Siempre me gustó, producía estos ramilletes enormes que duraban mucho tiempo. Lamentablemente  no tengo idea del nombre de este rosal. Este Diciembre pasado Nanny falleció (vivió hasta los 100 años, tuvo huerta hasta su último verano y vivía sola!!) y  una de las cosas que heredé fue este rosal. Ella me había dicho varias veces: Marcela, llévate ese rosal! Y así lo hice. Lo transplanté bastante tarde en la temporada y tenía temor de que no viviera. Tomó y sobrevivió la falta de poda y la movida, me dió las flores más hermosas este verano! Me encantan las plantas y  la jardinería. Cada vez que veo ese rosal, me acuerdo de Nanny. Pinté este cuadrito este Julio pasado.
Gracias por visitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...