Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

#40: Daisies

"Daisies" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Margaritas" - 15x15cm - Oleo
$75

I painted these daisies back in July too. Have lots of them around the garden and did a couple of paintings this past summer. It was a great study in painting "white" (which is never white). I liked the shadows that were created,  I remember they caught my attention right away. I was also interested in starting to paint glass. Happy with the result!
Life has gotten really too busy these weeks to paint which I why I am posting pieces I had painted earlier and never posted. We are going home to Argentina for the holiday season, leaving in 9 days so I am very focused on crossing things off my lists. (I love lists). Work is winding down, by the end of December we will have successfully transferred the reins over to a Non profit to manage Coast Collective, the beautiful Art Centre that together with a 4 more artists I helped create in the last past 5 years. With leaving so soon though it means that Xmas shopping, cards and work details have to be done by then. Getting close! I am very excited about the next chapter in my life which will have a LOT more painitng in it!

*****

Pinté estas margaritas este Julio pasado. Tengo muchas de ellas en el jardín y pinté un par de cuadros este verano. Fue un muy buen estudio de como pintar "blanco" (que nunca es blanco). Recuerdo que me habían atraído mucho las sombras que se habían formado. También estaba interesada en empezar a pintar vidrio. Estoy contenta con el resultado!
He estado muy ocupada estas semanas pasadas, y es por ello que estoy mostrando cosas aur había pintado hace tiempo y no las había puesto en el blog. Nos vamos a Argentina para la Navidad, salimos en 9 días y mi meta diaria es tachar cosas en mi lista (me gustan mucho las listas). El trabajo también esta terminando. Para fines de Diciembre vamos a haber pasado las riendas a una Sociedad sin Fines de Lucro que va a manejar Coast Collective, el hermoso Centro de Arte que junto con 4 artistas ayudé a crear en estos últimos 5 días. Al viajar tan pronto tengo que tener todo organizado: regalos de Navidad, tarjetas y todos los detalles del trabajo tienen que estar terminados. Falta poco!
Estoy muy entusiasmada con el próximo capítulo en mi vida que va a tener MUCHA más pintura!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...