Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

2014 30 in 30!

This is a collage of the 30 I did in September
Este es un collage de lo que pinté en Septiembre

Some of you may know that last September I participated in an online challenge called "30 Paintings in 30 Days". Last year I discovered the world of blogs at some point and started following some artists whose work I liked or found inspiring. I had come across Leslie Saeta's blog and watched with envy artists taking part in a challenge in January. Oh, how I wished I could do it! But of course, in my mind there was no way I would be able to do it for so many reasons, time being number one. But the stars and planets aligned and last September when I saw it was coming up again, I talked my friend Sharlene Stushnov Lee into doing it with me, took the plunge and I signed up for it (scared to death of not being able to follow through)!!  As a side note I should add that my painting had taken the back seat when I got very involved in getting an Art Centre off the ground 5 years before (Visit Coast Collective to see what ended  up looking like, very proud of what we accomplished!!)
This challenge was the best thing I did for myself and my art. It got me excited and working! Painting on a daily basis allowed me to learn every single day about myself, my artwork and the processes I was using. It built confidence and I am very excited about doing it again. I will miss the first couple of days of it as I will be in transit getting back to Canada from our trip to Argentina but it will be fine! I will double up on some other days and I will do another 30 in 30 this coming up January. I know there are more local people that talked about doing it with us and that will be lots of fun! Can't wait to be in the thick  of it again!
For information on the upcoming challenge, how it works, useful tips and TO SIGN UP!! Follow this link:

Hope you join us!
*****

Algunos de uds. saben que este Septiembre pasado paticipé en un desafío online que se llamaba "30 pinturas en 30 días". El año pasado descubrí el mundo  de los blogs en algún momento y empecé a seguir a varios artistas que me gustaba su trabajo o eran fuente de inspiración. Encontré así el blog de Leslie Saeta y miré con envidia como artistas participaban en un desafío durante el mes de Enero. Oh, como deseaba estar haciéndolo también! Pero por supuesto en mi mente yo no podía hacerlo, especialmente debido a la falta de tiempo. Pero todos los planetas y las estrellas se alinearon y este septiembre pasado ví que se venía otro desafío, la convencí a mi amiga Sharlene Stushnov Lee a que lo hiciera conmigo, me animé y me anoté para hacerlo (muerta de miedo de no poder terminar) Deberia agregar que mi pintura había pasado a segundo plano 5 años anteriores cuando fui parte del comienzo de un Centro de Arte (Visite Coast Collective para ver en qué resultó eso, lago de lo que etsoy muy orgullosa).
Este desafío fue lo mejor que hice para mi y mi arte. Me entusiasmó y me puso en acción. Al pintar  de forma diaria, aprendí todos los días sobre mí misma, mi trabajo y los procesos que seguía. Me ayudó a  tener confianza y estoy entusiasmada con hacerlo de nuevo.  Voy a perder los primeros días porque voy a estar en tránsito volviendo de Argentina a Canadá pero me las voy a arreglar. Voy a tener que hacer 2 en algunos otros días para poder completar 30 pinturas en 30 días de nuevo. Se que hay más amigos y gente local que  van a participar esta vez y nos vamos a divertir. Estoy ansiosa por comenzar y estar en el medio del baile!
Para más información sobre el desafío que se acerca, como funciona, consejos útiles y para ANOTARSE!!! seguir este link:


Espero que algunos de uds.  participen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...