Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

After the Storm: 24 of 30

After the Storm - 6x8 - Oil onCradled Panel
Después de la Tormenta
Marcela Strasdas
SOLD


When I first came to Canada, one day my husband took me to the beach....  when we got there, all I could see were rocks, logs and very few waves.... I went..... really? Is this the beach??? Where's the sand?? and the big waves?? .... That is what I had seen so far in Argentina, Chile and Brazil.... Well, I have come to love the beaches here with the huge piles of logs brought to shore by storms and tides. There are of course some that do have the big waves and some with sandy patches and long spits..... but most are littered with rocks and white-washed logs. I also remember from that first day the noise the waves make on a pebble beach....  quite different!

*****

Cuando vine a Canada, un día mi esposo me llevó a la playa.... cuando llegamos, lo único que había era troncos, piedras y nada de olas.... y yo dije.... Es esta la playa? Donde está la arena? y las olas?? Era a eso que yo estaba acostumbrada en playas de Argentina, Chile y Brasil..... Pero después de un timepo, encantan las playas de acá con las pilas de troncos traídos por tormentas y mareas. Hay por supuesto algunas que tienen  olas grandes y otras con largas playas de arena, pero la mayoría estan llenas de troncos y piedritas.  También me acuerdo de ese primer día el ruido que hacen las olas cuando rompen sobre las piedras..... muy diferente!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...