Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Coastline

"Coastline" - 6x6 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Costa" - 15x15 - Oleo
$100
(unframed)

Click Here to Purchase

Life has been so busy! We started a kitchen reno about 2 months and it has eaten up a lot of my time, I am still painting  but don't seem to have the time (or energy) to come  to the blog..... I'll try and do a better job, no promises though ( I think I have said that before??) .... The kitchen is going great, so happy with the way it's looking and one of the best things is that I am actually re-purposing some of the cabinets and using a few of them in the studio. For the most part they are ok, I have painted them white and I am thrilled to have them here!! One of them used to be an small (very useless) island in the kitchen, it's going against the wall here in the studio and it has a sink!!!! I have waited for this moment for over a year now and  the moment has come! It will be great to have water in the studio!

The painting above was done this past summer when sailing back from Desolation Sound to Victoria, the ocean was very calm that day and I was able to paint for a few hours. This was just a study in colour and simplicity. I am happy with how it turned out!

*****

He estado tan ocupada! Comenzamos con una remodelación en la cocina hace como dos meses y la verdad es que me ha ocupado bastante tiempo,  he seguido pintando, pero es como que no tengo tiempo o energía para venir al blog. Voy a tratar de de hacerlo más a menudo, sin promesas! Me parece que dicho esto antes no? La cocina va muy muy bien, estoy muy contenta con cómo está quedando y una de las mejores cosas es que estoy re usando algunos de los muebles, los estoy trasladando a mi taller. Como están bastante buena condición, lo he pintado de blanco y estoy super contenta de tenerlos acá! Uno de esos era una isla bastante inútil en la cocina pero acá va a ir contra la pared en mi taller y tiene una pileta.! Hace un año y medio que espero este momento, y el momento ha llegado, va a ser bárbaro tener agua en mi taller!

Este cuadro lo hice este verano pasado cuando estábamos navegando desde Desolation Sound a Victoria, el mar estaba muy calmo ese día y puede pintar durante bastantes horas. Esto simplemente fue un estudio de color y  simplicidad. Estoy muy contenta con cómo quedó!




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the reno and new sink! I love the shapes and simplicity in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila!! The reno is a lot of work but neither my husband nor I mind building, we actually enjoy it so it has been a very pleasant experience (and we are thrilled with the results!) It was a fun painting to do :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...