Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Third Time Lucky - 7, 8 and 9 in 30

"Contentment" - Ink on Paper


I have been drawing but I haven't been posting. Life has changed again:  we are readjusting to being back home and Mateo, my son, getting slowly back into school. I am mainly a schedule coordinator and taxi driver now! (Which is a great thing, I am not complaining! He is doing extremely well, re-inserting back into regular life!) The thing is that I am running on a very low battery these days, probably just the stress of it all catching up with me so even when I may have the time to paint here and there, honestly I don't have the energy for it at the moment.  Have been drawing and sketching though and enjoying it. 
***** 
He estado dibujando pero no estado esribiendo en el blog. La vida ha cambiado de nuevo ahora que mi hijo Mateo ya no está en el hospital, está de vuelta en casa y recomenzando de nuevo muy lentamente con la escuela. Ahora yo soy coordinadora de horarios y taxista! (lo que es buenísimo, no me quejo! Está excepcionalmente bien, re insertandose en la vida normal) La cosa es que ando con pocas baterías estos días, probablemente el estrés de todo lo que he vivido en los últimos dos meses.  A pesar de tener un poquito de tiempo disponible no tengo energía para pintar honestamente. Sí he estado dibujando y haciendo bosquejos y lo estoy disfrutando mucho.


I started this zentangle (the one below) a few days ago and I was really liking it until towards the end  I chose the wrong pattern. It completely changed the look of it all and I didn't like it too much any more  but I learnt a lot about  transitioning from one pattern to another. I also chose to leave the sides straight which made it very static.  
*****
Comencé este zentangle hace unos días (el que está abajo) y me estaba gustando hasta que casi al final le agregué el diseño equivocado. Cambió el dibujo por completo y no me gustó más pero aprendí mucho sobre cómo hacer funcionar las transiciones de un diseño a otro. Además había decidido que los costados fueran derechos lo que hizo que todo fuera muy estático. 
 
"Mistakes & Confusion" - Ink on Paper


Then I said ok, I like some of what happened here so I started again using those elements I liked, changed a few things and thought putting the one at the top was a great idea...... hmmmm, not so much. It gave me the instant feeling of oppression and barb wire (who knows where that came from, but it makes me think of a chicken coop!)  See the photo below.  
****
Así que dije bueno, me gustan algunas de las cosas que pasaron acá y comencé otro usando esos elementos que me habían gustado, cambié algunas cosas y me pareció que usar el diseño de arriba era una gran idea.... Hmmmmm, no tanto. Me dió la sensación de opresión y alambrado (quien sabe de donde salió esa idea, me hace pensar en un gallinero!) Es la imagen de abajo. 


"Trapped" - Ink on Paper


Then I decided to go at it again, that is how I got to the one at the top of the page, the one  I am pleased with.   What do you think? Which one is your favourite and do any of them make you think or feel anything in particular?
**** 
Finalmente decidí hacerlo de nuevo y así es como llegue al que esta arriba de la página, el que me gusta . Qué les parece? Cual les gusta mas y les hacen pensar en algo en especial?

2 comments:

  1. i like all of them but my favourite is thei first one. I like that the top and bottom portion ate different directions and "weights". The top seems a little airier than it would if they were yhe same "weight", kind of like the top of a matte being a little narrower than the bbottom.
    So good that you are protecting your energy!
    Best wishes, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! Yep, gotta look after ourselves sometimes too. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...