Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

Shell Beach - #159


"Shell Beach" - 8x8 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Playa Blanca" -20x20 cm - Oleo
SOLD

Life has been so busy these last couple of months! It's like everything  picked up speed and I have been just trying to stay on track. The end of the school year meant lots of school functions especially with a graduating daughter.  Where has time gone by????  It's like yesterday I was taking her first day of school photo in front of our front door! My parents from Argentina are here visiting, we continue to unpack the house and I am getting ready for a big art event I am part of on July 18th. The Moss Street Paint-In organized by the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria. More on that on another post!
I have been painting and working on my art but haven't been posting. This one was painted on May long weekend. The first sailing trip of the summer took us to Montague in Galiano Island. I have always loved the white shell beach there and my purpose with this painting when I set up my plein-air box that day was mainly to capture the colours. I am very satisfied with the feeling of the painting, it stayed fresh and sketchy.
Thanks for visiting! Off to bake a cake, my baby is 18 today!! Happy Birthday Camila!!

*****

He estado tan ocupada estos últimos meses! Es como que la vida se ha acelerado y lo único que hago es tratar de seguir el ritmo. El fin del año escolar llegó con muchos eventos relacionados con la escuela especialmente ya que mi hija se graduó este año! Cómo ha pasado el tiempo!! Me parece que fue ayer cuando le saqué la fotos del primer día de clases paradita en frente de la puerta de nuestra casa! Mi padres de Argentina están de visita, seguimos desarmando cajas de la mudanza y me estoy preparando para un evento  de arte muy grande que hay el 18 de Julio, la pintada de Moss Street organizada por la Galería de Arte de Victoria. Les cuento mas sobre esto en otro post.
He estado pintando pero no he tenido tiempo de escribir mucho. Este cuadrito lo pinté el fin de semana largo en Mayo. El primer viaje de la temporada en el velero nos llevó a Montague en la Isla Galiano. Siempre me ha gustado muchísimo la playa blanca que hay ahí.  Mi meta con este cuadro ese día fue capturar los colores mas que nada y estoy muy satisfecha ya que el cuadro tiene espontaeidad y no está supertrabajado. 
Gracias por visitarme! Me voy a hacer una torta, mi bebé cumple 18 años hoy!  Feliz Cumple Camila!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...