Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Cropped and Daily Painting Workshop


Cropping of a part that I liked - Oil on Panel
Solo un pedacito que me gusta - Oleo

These past few days I attended Gaye Adams workshop and on the first day I had an OMG! moment: Am I out of "artistic" shape or what? The workshop was on Daily Painting and it is a practice I want to adhere more to. I believe that practice makes perfect (or better in my case)  and the more we do anything  the more capable and proficient we get at it. For the last year and a bit it has all been about putting in the milage for me, I have seen growth but I am nowhere close to where I want to be. Painting from life is much harder than painting from photographs, it teaches you to really SEE. I didn't like what I painted Friday, this a just cropping of what I do like about it. Moving day is getting close (next Saturday) and after that I will be able to focus a lot more on my goals as an artist.
Enjoy today!

"Self-discipline without talent can often achieve astounding results, whereas talent without self-discipline inevitably dooms itself to failure" -  Sidney Harris


*****

Estos últimos días estuve en un curso con Gaye Adams y el primer día fue de revelación: Oh mi dios, estoy fuera de forma "artística" o qué? El curso fue sobre "Pinturas  Diarias" y es una práctica a la que me quiero adherir mas. Creo que la práctica lleva a la perfección (o a la mejoría en mi caso)  y cuanto más hacemos algo, mas capacitados estamos. Este último año pasado me dediqué a poner  muchas horas en el pincel y he visto crecimiento pero no estoy ni cerca de donde quiero estar. Pintar de la vida real es mucho más difícil que pintar de fotos, te enseña a VER realmente. No me gustó lo que pinté el viernes, este es un pedazo solamente de la parte que me gusta.  El día de la mudanza se acerca, (este sábado que viene), después de ese día voy a poder  dedicarme mas a mis metas artísticas. 
Disfruten de este día!

"La disciplina sin talent muchas veces logra alcanzar resultados increíbles,  a su vez, el alento sin disciplina normalemte lleva al fracaso" - Sidney Harris


#157

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...