Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Promises

"Promises" - 6x6 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Promesas" - 15x15cm aprox. - Oleo

Donated to a Fundraiser to Rebuild a Hospital in Vanuatu
which was destroyed by Cyclone Pam


I never used to be a morning person. Growing up it was quite the opposite, I was totally a  night owl. Boy have things changed!!  As time goes on and specially in the last few years and I get not older but more "experienced" I am getting to enjoy mornings more and more. I purposely set up my alarm clock a couple of hours before I have to get up and that is MY time. If I don't get to have that time I feel rushed for the whole day. That is when I read (books, blogs, facebook updates, emails), meditate, sip coffee and just enjoy the quiet. Every morning carries the promise of so many things to be done, my to-do list gets longer by the second as I get excited to do this and that. Typically what happens is that at some point in the day I look back at my list and say: "What was I thinking????  I was planning to get ALL that accomplished today????"  Some days though I do get done more than planned. :) When giving a title to this painting I was thinking of all those promises that an early morning holds.
This piece is part of the AllSorts show until April 22. Art Centre at Cedar Hill - CACGV Main Gallery - 3220 Cedar Hill Road.
I'll be painting at the Gallery today Wednesday April 15 from 1ish to 3.30. Stop by and visit if you are out and about!

“The early morning has gold in its mouth.” ~Benjamin Franklin

*****

Nunca me solían gustar mucho las mañanas. Al contrario, cuando era más joven me quedaba despierta hasta cualquier hora de la noche. Cómo han cambiado las cosas! A medida que pasa el tiempo y especialmente en los últimos años me pongo no más vieja sino con "más experiencia" Y estoy aprendiendo a disfrutar mas y mas de las mañanas. A propósito pongo el despertador un par de horas antes de tener que levantarme y ese es MI tiempo. Si no hago eso me siento como aprada todo el día. Es entonces cuando leo (libros, blogs, Facebook, emails), medito, tomo café y simplemente disfruto de la tranquilidad que hay en la casa. Cada mañana tiene promesas de cosas por hacer, mi lista se alarga por minuto cuando me entusiasmo por hacer esto y lo otro. Normalmente lo que ocurre es que que en algún momento más tarde en el día miro mi lista y digo:  "Qué estabas pensando???? Quería hacer TODO eso hoy????" Sin embargo otros días logro terminar bastantes cosas en mi lista. :)
Cuando estaba buscando un título para este cuadro estaba pensando en todas las promesas que tiene cada amanecer.
Este cuadro esta en la muestra "De Todas Clases", Gallería de Cedar Hill - CACGV Main Gallery - 3220 Cedar Hill Road.
Voy a estar pintando en la Galería hoy Miércoles 15 de Abril de la 1 a las 3.30. Pasen a visitar si adan por la zona.

“Las primeras horas de la mañana tienen oro en su boca.” ~Benjamin Franklin



#155


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...