Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reflections (#86 of 100) and Happy Dance!!



"Reflections" - 48x60 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Reflexiones"- 122x152.4cm - Acrílico


I am very, very happy to announce that "the big monster" I have been working on got accepted into Sooke Fine Arts this year!! Yes!!! Big smile!! I am doing a happy dance!! Sooke Fine Arts is one the biggest juried shows on Vanvouver Island and it was one of my goals to submit to it this year. I only say "submit to" and not "get in" as a goal because you never know with juried art shows; I did my part, put the work in (and it took a few hours!) and I am very happy with the acceptance!

I had started this canvas a few years ago and due to lack of time had never finished it. It is the largest piece I have worked on (48x60) and I learnt a ton in the process. This canvas had a mind of its own from the get go, I wanted it to go in a certain direction and things wouldn't work, so after much frustration  several times  I said to myself: "Stop fighting it, this is the way this one will be".  It has a much more realistic look than I wanted it to have.

My new found love from this painting is Cadmium Orange. It gave me the "warm glow" I was after in some areas when mixed with Dioxazine Purples and different amounts of white and/or ultramarine blue.

The show runs July 25 to August 4 at Seaparc Leisure Centre in Sooke and unfortunately I won't be in town for it, (we are going to Italy!!!! Yes, I know, bummer eh?) Put it on your calendars and be sure to stop by if you can!

*****
Estoy muy, muy contenta de poder anunciar que "el monstruo" en el que he estado trabajando duro ha sido aceptado en la muestra Sooke Fine Arts este año!! Si!!! Gran sonrisa acá!!  Bailecito de alegría!! Esta es una de las muestras juradas más grandes en la Isla de Vancouver y era una de mis metas presentar algo para ser considerado para la exhibición. Noten que sólo digo "presentar" y no "ser aceptada" como meta ya que uno nunca sabe con las muestras juradas; yo hice mi parte, trabajé mucho (y me llevó bastantes horas!) y estoy muy contenta con la aceptación!

Había comenzado este lienzo hace muchos años y por falta de tiempo nunca lo había terminado. Es la pieza más grande que he echo y aprendí muchísimo en el proceso. Este lienzo tomó sus propias decisiones desde el comienzo. Yo quería llevar las cosas en cierta dirección y no salían para nada así que después de mucha frustración algunos días me dije: "Dejá de luchar, este va a ser de este modo". Es mucho más realista de lo que yo quería. 

Un nuevo amor que encontré en este cuadro es el Naranja Cadmin. Me dió el "reflejo cálido" que buscaba cuando lo mezclaba con Morado Dioxazine y diferentes cantidades de blanco y/o Azul Ultramarino. 

La muestra es desde el 25 de julio hasta el 4 de agosto en el Centro de Recreation Seaparc en Sooke  y desafortunadamente no voy a estar en Victoria para esa fecha (Vamos a Italia!!! Si, ya sé, que lastima que vamos a Italia no? ) Marquen la fecha en sus calendarios y pasen a verla si pueden! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...