Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2019

As Time Goes By

As Time Goes By  - 18x36 - Oil on Canvas
Como Pasa El Tiempo - 45x91cm - Oleo
Available at South Shore Gallery in Sooke.


In the last year or so I have gotten into the habit of trying the same subject several times, different formats, different sizes and/or palettes and I love the explorations this sends me in.... it’s always a road to new discoveries but most of all it satisfies my curiosity when I say for instance ‘what would it look like if’.... I’m always curious... this particular painting was inspired by a watercolour I did on the boat last year, tried it an 8 x 10 oil, then said, what if I do it square, oooohhh I like this, I want to make it bigger which turned into what if I try it long and skinny and voila. That was a bit of the thinking process behind it. I like this format!  And does it look great in that room?? 
Hope you enjoy the painting!




Estos últimos años me he puesto en el hábito de tratar el mismo tema varias veces, en diferentes formatos, diferentes tamaños y colores y me encantan las exploraciones en la que termina… Siempre es un camino hay nuevos descubrimientos pero más que nada satisfacer mi curiosidad ya que digo por ejemplo como quedaría si… Siempre tengo curiosidad... Este cuadro en participar fue inspirado por una acuarela con gouache que hice en el velero el año pasado, despues un óleo de 8 × 10, después dije y si lo pinto cuadrado?, ooohhh me gusta, lo quiero hacer mas grande, y después me pregunte y si lo hago alargado? Ese fue más o menos el proceso 😂..... Me gusta este formato y no queda hermosa en esa habitación?? Espero que les guste!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...