Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Portrait of Spring

"Portrait of Spring" - 8x10 - Oil on Panel
"Retrato de Primavera" - 20x25cm - Oleo
$160
Unframed

Available



Spring has been late to Victoria this year but it looks like it's finally here! For the last several weeks I have been painting flowers from my garden and Spring scenes I  see everywhere in the city.  At the very start the season I can enjoy from my bedroom and bathroom windows the most beautiful sight of an ornamental cherry tree in bloom..... it's a huge pink mass that puts a smile on my face every single time I sew it! One day a couple of weeks ago I cut a few blossoms, brought them up to the studio to be my subject and enjoyed its smell until the petals just withered and fell off ..... I love spring and witnessing everything starting to grow!

*****

 La primavera está lerda en llegar a Victoria este año pero parece que finalmente está aquí! Estas últimas semanas he estado pintando flores de mi jardín y escenas primaverales que encuentro por toda la ciudad. Al comienzo de la temporada siempre puedo disfrutar  desde las ventanas de mi baño y mi dormitorio una vista hermosísima de un cerezo ornamental en flor, es una masa rosada increíble que me hace sonreir cada vez que lo veo! Esta es una de las primeras señales de que finalmente el invierno se está acabando. Ese día hace unas semanas corté unas cuantas ramas, las traje al taller para pintarlas y disfrute de su aroma hasta que los pétalos se secaron y cayeron… Como me gusta la primavera y observar como todo comienza a crecer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...