Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Wild Wind

"Wild Wind" - 8x10 - Oil on Canvas
"Viento Fuerte" - 20x25cm - Oleo
Not quite finished
Sin Terminar
Plein-Air Friday...... Weather was iffy, wasn't raining but it was very windy and I knew it would be even windier at Clover Point, the assigned location for the day, where it is very exposed . But of course  I went anyway and of course I get there to find Dave almost finished!! Charlie and Marie were the other ones that actually set up and painted in the wind. Brian sketched.  It was beautiful day after all, not very cold but indeed windy. (Thank you Joanne and Brian for the pics!)

As always there are quite a few things I like I about the painting but then there are a few other ones unresolved, I am not keen on the clouds, will let it be for today as I have ran out of time (the family wants to eat dinner???), but I may change a few things tomorrow.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!!



From left to right: Dave, myself and Charlie
De izquierda a derecha: Dave, yo y Charlie
The waves were crashing at times pretty large
Las olas eran de a ratos bastante grandes

By the end, tide was coming up and the waves were starting to get us., Time to pack up!
Al final, la marea estab subiendo y las olas ya se nos acercaban demasiado, hora de irse!


"There is no bad weather for painting en plein air;
only bad painting clothes." - (Barbara Jablonski)


*****

Viernes para pintar afuera.... el tiempo estaba medio, medio, sin lluvia pero con mucho viento y yo sabía que el Clover Point, el lugar elegido para hoy, iba a haber mucho mas viento ya que está muy expuesto. Fui lo mismo por supuesto y cuando llegué encontré a Dave ya casi terminando!! Charlie y Marie, fueron los otros 2 artistas que pintaron en el viento! Brian  hizo bosquejos.  Fue un día hermoso al final, con viento pero no mucho frio. (Gracias Joanne and Brian por las fotos)

Como siempre algunas cosas que me gustan en el cuadro y hay otras que no están resueltas todavía... no me gustan las nubes mucho, voy a dejarlo como está hoy, se me acabó el tiempo (La familia tiene que comer también!)  pero tal vez cambie algunas cosas mañana. Que pasen buen fin de semana todos!

"No hay mal tiempo para pintar al aire libre,
hay solo ropa mala para pintar al aire libre." - (Barbara Jablonski


1 comment:

  1. Marcela, I want to purchase "Wild Wind" from Clover Point when it is finished. - Maddalena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...