Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

The Wild Garden

"The Wild Garden" - 16x16 - Oil on Canvas
"El Jardín Silvestre" - 40x40cm - Oleo sobre Lienzo
$385

Email me to Purchase


I painted "The Wild Garden" back in December when I was trying out going bigger with my oils. I have wanted for a while to start painting larger than 11x14 which was the biggest I had done up to that point, so I chose a familiar subject, similar to my huge garden  painted before and it worked!! I followed the same process I always do with my oils and I am very pleased with how it all worked out, I was able to work the way I always do, "Alla Prima" (all in one sitting without letting the paitn dry) and it is giving me confidence to keep growing in size.
This painting along with 27 other ones is on display at the Burning Desire Show up in Duncan until  March 2.

The creation of art is the passion. The completion of art only
ignites another creation. (Jeffrey Breslow)
*****
Pinté "El Jardín Silvestre" en Diciembre cuando estaba empezando a intentar pintar óleos mas grandes. Hace rato que quiero probar eso, más grandes que 27x35cm, lo mas grande en óleos hasta ese momento. Elegí un tema familiar para que me resultara más fácil, similar a mi jardín grande en acrílicos y estoy muy contenta con cómo salió. Trabajé "alla prima", es  decir todo en una sola sesión sin dejar que la pintura se seque, y estoy me ha dado más confianza para seguir creciendo en tamaño.
Este cuadro, junto con otros 27 están en exhibición en el muestra "Deseo Ardiente" en Duncan hasta el 2 de Marzo.
"La creación de arte es pasión. El completar una pieza sólo sirve
para el comeinzo de otra creación" - (Jeffrey Breslow)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...