Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Cabin for sale (#91 of 100)


"Cabin for Sale" - 9x12 -  Oil on Birch Panel
"Cabaña en Venta" - 23x30 cm -Oleo
SOLD

We spent the night at Dol Cove, a small bay in Hardy Island at the mouth of Jervis Inlet. It is right next to a Marine Park called Musket Island Marine Park. There are some granite quarries in this bay where lots of the granite for some of the big buildings in Victoria and Vanvouver came from, I am not sure if any if these are still operational. 

I had started the evening we got there painting the small little cabin on that tiny island I ended including in this painting, but only the cabin with mountain behind. But after a while of labouring I had to just let it go and wipe it away, it was just not working. The following morning I decided to have another go even when the light wasn't as nice as it had been the previous evening. I started out as a 37 minute exercise because we had to get ready to leave and I didn't have endless time. I ended up using way more than 37 minutes but I am very pleased with the result. I like the brush work as well as the palette I ended up with. It's my favourite from the sailing trip. 

So overall I ended up with having done 6 paintings, one wipe. Didn't paint every day as I had intended when I set off on the trip but still better than nothing!! :)
I want to title this one "Cabin for Sale" as it was really for sale in the middle of nowhere. But I was to give more emphasis to the cabin itself so I am going to add a brush stroke on the cabin roof  to make it a bit more prominent but only when I get home.... I am in Italy now, absolutely loving it, walking in paintings all the time as everywhere I look there is a painting. More on Italy soon, and who knows, maybe a sketch or two. Didn't bring my paints, only some pens and watercolours.
Below is a map with the itinerary of the sailing trip. I know it is not great but it is something! From Jervis Inlet we went to Gibsons where we spent the night and from there we crossed back to the Gulf Islands. Spent the last night in Ganges, Saltspring Island and then back home! 

Ciao! Talk soon!



*****

Pasamos la noche en una bahía pequeña llamada Dol Cove en la Isla Hardy que queda  en la boca de Jervis Inlet. Hay canteras de granito, de las cuales salió mucho del granito que se usó en grandes edificios en Victoria y Vancouver; la verdad que no se sí están en operación.

Había empezado el atardecer anterior cuando llegamos a pintar la cabaña que estaba en esa isla chiquita, sólo la cabaña con la montaña detrás. Pero después de un buen rato de trabajo tuve que decidir borrarla ya que no estaba funcionando. Decidí probar de nuevo a la mañana siguiente, variando un poco la composición. Lo empecé como uno de los ejercicios de 37 minutos ya que no tenía todo el tiempo del mundo, teníamos que prepararnos para irnos. Terminé usando mucho más de 37 minutos pero estoy satisfecha con como me quedó. Es mi preferida de las que pinté en este viaje.

Al final terminé pintado solamente 6, con una borrada. No pinté todos los dias come quería al principio pero es mejor que nada!
Quiero titular esta "Cabaña en venta" porque estaba a la venta en el medio de la nada. Voy a agregarle una pincelada más al techo cuando vuelva a casa para darle mas énfasis a la cabaña..... Estoy en Italia en este momento, disfrutando al máximo de cada momento y caminando todo el tiempo en cuadros ya que para cualquier lado que miro hay cuadros por pintar. Más sobre Italia dentro de poco si puedo y quién sabe, tal vez un par de sketchs. No traje las pinturas, sólo acuarelas.
Arriba hay un mapa del viaje en velero, no es lo mejor pero sirve para ver el itinerario. Desde  Jervis Inlet fuimos a Gibsons, de ahí cruzamos de nuevo hacia las islas. Pasamos una noche en Ganges en Saltspring Island y de vuelta a casa!
Ciao! Hasta Pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...