Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lemon Juice (#83 of 100) and tips for working large?

Lemon Juice - 11x14 - Oil on Canvas
Jugo de Limón - 28x36 cm - Oleo
$225



"Lemon Juice" was painted last August under the guidance of Barbara Callow at an oil painting workshop I took.  I had clearly forgotten to post this one! These little Meyer Lemons were tiny, sitting on my window sill, I chose to paint them waaaay larger than life from a photo I had taken. I was pleased with how the painting turned out and I learnt many tricks from Barbara, a wonderful artist you should check out. 

I am behind with posting as I have several paintings that are finished but have not made it to the blog. Where do the hours in the day go sometimes??

I am painting a very large piece at the moment,  it is a completely different way of working!! I find I should be using a cart with wheels to move my palette and stuff around as I usually work all over the painting at the same time as opposed to finishing sections at a time. Getting a good workout but a little nervous as I have never painted this big. 60x48! Hope it turns out the way my mind sees it! Wish me luck and are there any useful tricks for painting big you are willing to share?

Thanks for visiting! Enjoy the rest of the day!

*****

Pinté "Jugo de Limón" en Agosto del año pasado bajo la dirección de Barbara Callow en un curso que tomé. Obviamenteme me había olvidado de escribir sobre este cuadro acá en el blog! 
Estos limoncitos Meyer, muy chiquitos, estaban en la ventana de mi cocina. Los pinté mucho mas grandes de lo que son en realidad de una foto que había sacado. Me gustó cómo quedaron y aprendí mucho de Barbara, una artista con mucho talento que tienen que visitar. 

Estoy super retrasada con los posts en el blog, tengo muchos cuadros que he pintado que no he logrado ponerlos acá. A dónde se van las horas del día a veces??

Estoy en este momento pintando un cuadro grande y es una forma totalmente de trabajar!! Me hace falta una mesita con ruedas para poder mover la paleta y el resto de las cosas ya que trabajo generalmente en todo el cuadro al mismo tiempo, no los termino por secciones sino que voy y vengo en las distiantas partes del cuadro. Estoy haciendo ejercicio al mismo tiempo!  (Y estoy un poco nerviosa ya que nunca he trabajado tan grande. 1.21x1.52m!)  Espero que me salga como lo tengo en la cabeza! Deseenme suerte y pasen consejos, si los tienen,  para trabajar grande??

Gracias por visitarme! Que disfruten del resto del Dia!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...