Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Barns #81 of 100

"Barns" - 6x8 - Oil on Board
"Graneros" - 15x20 cm - Oleo
$90

And there you thought we only painted red tulips! The truth is there was another painting of red and yellow fields which I am not too happy with so I haven't posted that one. There is only one more tulip festival painting left to show you after this one. We can then one move to other fun stuff!
This little one was the 3rd painting of the second day. In La Conner there is a myriad of barns and farm houses which are extremely interesting to paint. (This location would be a nice painting destination any time of the year because of this).  Many crooked barns and building, some almost falling down, with so much character! I hadn't done one with a typical barn this trip so I decided to pick this view in the distance. It was very windy and I was very pleased with my set up as it held just fine. I am using an Alla Prima Pochade box and I love it. The one I have is the  Yellowstone which is about 11x14. I can carry the wet panels in the lid and it is a breeze to set up. I also carry a backpack where I take some extra panels, paper towel, mineral spirits,  brushes and other paraphernalia but I must say I am learning  to take less and less all the time. (And of course my mug of coffee for the morning!)


My set up - Mi equipo

*****

Y acá ustedes pensaban que sólo pinté tulipanes rojos! La verdad es que  tengo otro con campos amarillos y rojos pero no me gusta mucho el resultado así que no lo he mostrado. Hay otro más de este viaje además de este y después podemos ver lo que he estado haciendo después y antes del viaje!
Esta fue la 3ra pintura del segundo día. En  La Conner hay una gran variedad de graneros y casas de campo que son muy interesantes para pintar. (Es por eso que en realidad es un lugar hermoso para pintar en cualquier época del año). Hay muchos edificios viejos todos torcidos que tienen muchísima personalidad, algunos parecen que ya se caen.  No había incluido un típico granero así que elegí esta vista a la distancia. Tuvimos bastante viento esa tarde y estuve muy contenta con mi equipo ya que aguantó el viento sin problemas. Tengo una caja Alla Prima Pochade, la Yellowstone es la mía, de alrededor 28x36.  Puedo transportar los paneles en la tapa y es muy fácil de armar. También llevo una mochila donde tengo paneles extra, toallas de papel, pinceles y otro montón de cosas. Pero debo admitir que estoy aprendiendo  a llevar cada vez menos cosas. Por supuesto también está el taza con café para la mañana!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...