Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rebecca Spit

"Rebecca Spit" - 20x58 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Peninsula Rebecca" - 50x147cm - Acrylico
$990

Well....  this one is an oldie but I still like it! It is a large painting I did a few years ago from a photo taken in one of our trips to Desolation Sound. Rebecca Spit is on one the most beautiful places on Quadra Island! Ive been there 3 times and every time I go, I can't help myself and take as many photos as the first time I was there. In this particular shot, we were anchored in the bay for a couple of very enjoyable days.
Painting time has not been great this week, holiday last Monday, a couple of meetings, errands  and the Olympics that seem to have trapped me. I admire these kid's dedication, tenacity and discipline so much, they are inspiring! Go Canada!
BUT it is not all idle time in front of the TV, I have taken the opportunity to be working on some of the marketing things on my list. Been fussing with the look of the blog, adding things I have seen on other blogs that I liked (Or in some cases trying to as these things are complicated sometimes!), playing with the colour scheme and all that kind of "fun" and necessary stuff. What do you think of the banner at the top of the blog?
I have also taken some work to be displayed at Coast Collective and this morning I took some pieces to Equinox Health Clinic, a massage therapy clinic on Fort Street. Hope Lysanne (wonderful therapist!)  and her clients enjoy my work there for the next couple of months. :)

I also made some dinner tonight, (well.... I do make dinner other nights too) but sort of explaining why I didn't get to paint today :(   Now going for a run! :)

Leek and Kale Quiche (with Gluten Free Pastry)
Tarta de Puerro y Kale (con masa sin gluten)
Both quiches in the oven, the second one is
Salmon quiche on rice crust :)
Las dos tartas en el horno, la segunda es
Tarta de Salmón con masa de arroz

*****

Esta es una pintura vieja pero todavia me gusta! Es un cuadro bastante grande que pinté hace unos años de una foto sacada en uno de nuestros viajes a Desolation Sound. La Peninsula Rebecca es uno de los lugares mas hermosos en la Isla Quadra! He visitado ese lugar 3 veces y  cada vez que voy ahi, vuelvo a sacar la misma inmensa cantidad fotos que la vez anterior. En esta toma, estabamos anclados en la bahía durante un par de dias que disfrutamos mucho.
Esta semana no he pintado mucho lamentablemente. Fue feriado el lunes, tuve reuniones y cosas que hacer y las Olimpíadas que me han atrapado. Admiro tanto a la dedicacion, tenacidad y disciplina de estos atletas! Vamos Canada! Pero todo esto no signica que he estado sentada ociosamente  todo el tiempo en frente del televisor, he aprovechado esta oportunidad para  hacer algunas de las cosas en mi lista de marketing. He estado jugando con este blog, cambiando el banner de arriba (que les parece?), agregando cosas que veo en otros blogs que me gustan, eligiendo los colores a usar y todo ese tipo de cosas que hay que hacer.
Tambien llevé cuadros a Coast Collective y esta manana llevé cuadros a la Clinica Equinox, una clinica de masajes en el centro. Espero que Lysanne (excelente terapista)  y sus pacientes disfruten de mi arte. :)
También preparé la cena ( bueno..... hago la cena otras noches también) pero estoy tratando de  explicar por que no pude pintar hoy! :(   y ahora me voy a correr! :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful color harmony in Rebecca Spit, I'm glad to discover your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! I enjoy reading yours, happy painting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...