Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

The Path

The Path - 40x30 - Oil on Exhibition Canvas
El Sendero - 101x76cm - Oleo
SOLD
The Path is a painting I started a couple of years ago and it looked completely different  when I first started. Unfortunately I didn't have the time (or sense of direction I guess) to finish it right then and there and it stayed in the studio turned against the wall for a long time. Then I decided to get it done and the path became so overgrown I could no longer see it. I loved working with colour in this painting! It was very hard at first to let go of parts that I was enjoying in the previous incarnation but I got brave and allowed to painting to take its own course! Below you can see the start of it, it went through many lives and makeovers  before getting to the finished piece you see above. Thank you Janice at Calla Design for finding a home for this painting :)



*****
 

"El Sendero" es un cuadro que empecé hace un par de años y al comienzo era completamente diferente. Desafortunadamente no tuve tiempo o tal vez no sabía muy bien en qué dirección ir para terminarlo en su momento por lo que permaneció en el taller contra la pared durante mucho tiempo. Cuando finalmente decidí terminarlo, las plantas comenzaron a crecer tanto que taparon el sendero inicial! 🙂  Me encantó trabajar con color en este cuadro! Fue difícil al comienzo abandonar y cubrir partes que me estaban gustando en la primera versión pero junté coraje y dejé que el cuadro siguiera su propio camino! En la segunda imagen, pueden ver el comienzo, pasó por muchas vidas antes de llegar a la pieza terminada que ven arriba. Gracias Janice de Calla Design por haber encontrado un hogar para este cuadro.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...