Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Desert Colours

"Desert Colours" - 8x8 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Los Colores del Desierto" - 20x20cm - Oleo
$130
Unframed
Available at Calla Design

I was going through my files here in Blogger and  found  some unfinished, unpublished posts!! So I'll be sharing them in the next few ones.


This painting (which I love by the way) is one I did in Ashcroft last year. I have already shared with you a  few times how infatuated I was with the colours of the desert and  this was a great morning enjoying them at my easel. But first of all,  I made sure there were no snakes around, I am completely terrified of them, I stomped around very hard while finding my spot, I was careful to walk BEHIND my friends Deborah and Sharlene (good friend I am, eh?) and set up to paint. I ended up having so much fun experimenting with brushwork and just trusting the process that day. I was not tied to the "results" by which I mean I was not concentrating on to "make a good painting", I was just having fun. The result in the end was something very loose and I think my enjoyment shows through. I did 2 paintings in that spot of almost the same view  (next one in next post!). It's from a field on the road coming down to Ashcroft from Cache Creek.

On a different note it's very sad to think that these hills are burned at present time with the horrendous fires happening in our province this summer. I can totally understand how quickly it  can spread with how dry everything is.  As my way to help out with the fires,  I'll be donating to the BC Fires Fund 50% of the  proceeds from the sale of any Ashcroft paintings during the months of July and August.  So if you are interested in this one or any other painting from Ashcroft, please let me know or head over to Calla Design and talk to Sue or Janice since I took the paintings there a while ago. 


Yours truly in the Ashcroft hills last year.
Ya saben quien en Ascroft el año pasado


*****

Estaba mirando unos archivos aquí en Blogger y encontré algunas cosas que nunca había terminado ni publicado, así es que voy a mostrárselos de a poco.

Este cuadro (que me encanta), es uno que hice en Ashcroft el año pasado.  Ya les he contado varias veces qué enamorada he estado de los colores del desierto y este fue una gran mañana jugando con estos colores. Primero que nada me asegure que no hubiera víboras alrededor, hice mucho ruido con los pies mientras elegía mi lugar, me asegure de caminar DETRAS de mis amigas Deborah y Sharlene (que buena amiga soy no?)  y me puse a pintar. Terminé experimentando con las pinceladas y simplemente confiando en el proceso del día. No estaba preocupada por los resultados, es decir, el objetive no era producir un buen cuadro, si no simplemente disfrutar el momento. El resultado al final fue algo muy relajado, y me parece que se nota. Ese día hice dos cuadros en el mismo lugar de casi la misma vista, en el próximo post se los muestro. Es desde un campo al costado de la ruta que baja  hacia Ashcroft desde Cache Creek.

Es muy triste pensar que todas estas laderas se han quemado con los incendios en la provincia este último mes. Puedo entender completamente lo rápido que puede desparramarse el fuego con lo seco que está todo.  Con la intención de ayudar con los incendios y a todos los evacuados y afectados,  voy a donar al Fondo para Incendios de British Columbia el 50% de lo que yo saque de la venta de cualquier cuadro de Ashcroft durante los meses de Julio y Agosto. Si está interesado en este, o en cualquier otro de Ashcroft, me avisan a mi o vayan hacia Calla Design  y hablen con Janice o Sue. 

#266

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...