Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Felipe's First Shoes

"Felipe's First Shoes" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Las Primeras Zapatillas de Felipe" - 15x15 cm - Oleo



I had to hold off  showing this one as it went to Italy and the recipients didn't know anything about it.
Felipe is my 8-month-old Italian nephew who is absolutely adorable. My brother had sent me a picture of those cute shoes when Felipe was still in his mama's tummy. His first shoes. I had saved the photo, painted back at the beginning of November, had lots of fun with it and was only able to ship it in January after things calmed down a bit in my life. I was very worried it had gotten lost in the mail but last week one day I got this photo and was thrilled to know the painting finally made it all the way to Como. :)







Tuve que esperar para mostrarles este cuadrito ya que fue a Italia y los dueños no sabían nada. Felipe es mi sobrino italiano de 8 meses que es hermoso y estas son sus primeras zapatillas. Mi hermano me había mandado esta foto cuando Felipe estaba todavía en la panza de su mamá. Había guardado la foto y cuando tuve tiempo a comienzos de Noviembre pasado la había pintado  y solo pude despacharla en enero una vez que las cosas se calmaron un poco en mi vida. Estaba muy preocupada porque creí que se había perdido pero me puse muy muy contenta la semana pasada cuando recibí esta foto de Felipe con el paquete que había finalmente llegado a Como. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...