Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mixed Bouquet


"Mixed Bouquet" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Bouquet Mixto" - 20x25 cm - Oleo

SOLD



This was the first painting I did this year after not painting for 2 months. It is always a scary experience to get back to the brushes after a lengthy absence: will I remember how to do it? Where do I start? OMG! I am afraid!  So for me the best thing  to do is to play some music and just get started, once I get going it's like riding a bicycle, sometimes a bit rusty, but it all comes back (thankfully!)
Again, I am enjoying my adventure with COLOUR. I had this image from years ago, flowers from a summer market stand. I had fun and am satisfied with the results even when I know it is not a masterpiece! I was more focused on the process this time and it worked, it was very therapeteutical after the stress from the last few months. Hope you like it! :)

*****

Esta fue la primer pintura de este año después de no haber pintado durante 2 meses. Siempre es una experiencia bastante temerosa volver a tomar los pinceles después de una ausencia: me voy a acordar de como hacer esto? Dónde comienzo? Tengo miedo! Cuando esto me pasa lo mejor que puedo hacer es poner música y empezar; una vez que comienzo es como andar en bicicleta, a veces un poco herrumbrada, pero todo vuelve a funcionar (Gracias a Dios!)
Nuevamente, estoy disfrutando mi aventura con COLOR. Hace años que tengo esta imagen, flores de un stand en un mercado de verano. Disfruté pintar este cuadro y estoy satisfecha con el resultado aún cuando sé que no es una obra maestra! Estaba mas enfocada en el proceso está vez y funcionó bien ya que me ayudó a relajarme un poco del estres de los últimos meses. Espero que les guste! :)



#153

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...