Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dressed up to the Nines


"Dressed Up to the Nines" - 11x14 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Toda vestida" - 29x36 - Oleo
SOLD


So about a lifetime ago, back in November of last year, I took a wonderful workshop with Dreama Tolle Perry. I have admired her work for a quite a while and when a space opened up in one of her workshops I just had to go. Took a few days, turned it into a mini vacation with my husband and we had a lovely time in Newport Beach, CA.  I was after learning her application of colour and brushstroke, her paintings have an impressionistic look which I just love. I learnt a LOT!  See here for my post about her workshop and the work we did in it.
"Dressed up to the Nines" came out of an image I had taken years ago. On the way to my in-laws, there is this house with beautiful gardens that was always decorated in very funky ways. You should have seen the Xmas displays! Anyway, I hadn't tackled it and I decided to give it a try the week after I came back from Dreama's workshop. They say you should apply what you have learnt in a workshop as much as you can the week after so it solidifies and doesn't go to forgotten land. I had a blast with this one, loved painting all those flowers and outrageous colours  in the scarecrow. Hope you like it!
My son is doing very well, slowly reinserting himself in school. He is taking 4 courses now, Math, Science, Socials and English plus Physio and other therapies. He is a busy boy! which make me a busy Mom as I spend my days now driving and waiting it seems. Spring is here though and I am loving going for walks and sketching while I wait (when I am not organizing schedules and appointments :)


*****

Hace toda una vida, en Noviembre del año pasado tomé un curso espectacular con Dreama Tolle Perry. He admirado su trabajo desde hace bastante tiempo y cuando vi que tenía un espacio en uno de sus cursos, lo tomé! Mi esposo y yo entonces nos tomamos unos días extra y nos hicimos una mini vacación, la pasamos muy bien en Newport Beach, California.  Fui especialmente a aprender su manejo de color y pincelada, sus pinturas tienen un aire impresionista que me encanta. Aprendí muchísimo. Ver acá mi post sobre el curso y el trabajo que hicimos.
"Toda Vestida" salió de una imágen que saqué hace años. Camino a la casa de mis suegros hay una casa con jardines hermosos y muchas  flores. Siepre decoran el jardín con cosas como estas. Tienen que ver lo que hacen para Navidad a veces! Nunca me había atrevido a pintarla por los colores y decidí hacerlo la semana después del curso con Dreama. Dicen que despues de un curso hay que tratar de pintar  mucho la semana sigueitne para poner en práctica y solidificar lo aprendido.  La  pasé espectacular con este cuadro, me encantó pintar esas flores y colores exhuberantes del espanta pájaros. Espero que les guste!
Mi hijo anda muy bien, de a poco reinsertandose en la vida escolar. Está haciendo 4 cursos , Matemática, Ciencias, Geografia e Historia y Literatura Inglesa además de fisioterapia  y otras terapias.  Es un chico muy ocupado! lo que me hace una mamá muy ocupada ya que me paso los días ahira manejando y esperando. Ya está llegando la primavera y me encanta ir a caminar y dibujar mientras espero (cuando no estoy organizando horarios :)

#155

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...