Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Open House - Oct 11



Been busy for the last few days finishing the pieces  I produced during  Leslie Saeta's Sep 2014 30 paintings in 30 Days Challenge. I am finishing edges, framing some and looking at them all with an objective eye. Some of them need some TLC and that's what I have been doing for this past week and today. I'll see if by adding some touches and corrections here and there I manage to get them to sparkle as much as the ones I am happy with.

If you are in the area please do stop by on Saturday to take a look at the work June Haynes and I (the 2 artists from Victoria, BC that took part in the challenge) produced during the last month. We hosting an OPEN HOUSE from 2 to 4 at my home studio, 1066 River Rd, Victoria. Send me a meesage for directions if you need them. Hope to see  some of you and have a visit! :)

*****

He estado ocupada estos últimos días terminando lo que pinté durante del desafío de 30 Pinturas en 30 Días en Sep 2014 organizado por Leslie Saeta. Estoy pintando los bordes, enmarcando algunas y mirándolas a todas más objetivamente. Algunas necesitan  un poco de cariño y eso es lo que he estado haciendo y voy a hacer hoy. Vamos a ver si agregándoles algunos toques y correcciones  pueden brillar como las otras que me gustan.

Si andan por la zona pasen a visitar el Sábado para ver el trabajo que June Haynes y yo (las dos artistas de Victoria qque participamos) producimos durante el mes pasado.  Hemos organizado una Muestra en mi Casa/Taller de 2 a 4 pm, 1066 River Rd. Victoria, BC.  Manden un mensaje si les hace falta direcciones. Espero verlos y visitarnos!


2 comments:

  1. I think laying the paintings out at the end of the month was my favourite part of the project and I hadn't anticipated it when I started. I did the project last January and learned so much as you say. When they were laid out as a small body of work, a few popped out as being good little paintings, more had possibility and some really popped out as learning exercises which was just as important. They all had something that was worthy and because there were so many it seemed to take away the worry somehow. You've inspired me to do it again in January. Thanks for that!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey! I love it when this happens, I get inspired everyday by what others artists do and go through and it is easy to feel isolated and discouraged sometimes so thank you for sharing your thoughts. We need to remember that we do the 30 days more as a discipline exercise and "bootcamp" for ourselves than to have 30 masterpieces. Even the "good" guys don't often produce all great paintings. (We just see the good ones:) Listen to Bill Davidson's interview in the AHA show just this past June I think it was....very inspirational. Hope to do it again in January with you! (Happy Birthday by the way!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...