Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Alberta Sun (#74 of 100)


"Alberta Sun" - 24x24 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Soles de Alberta" - 61x61 cm - Acrílico
$615

Well am I happy or what?? I submitted this piece to The Spring FCA-Victoria Show (Federation of Canadian Artists) and it got accepted! I was pretty pleased with the finished painting which I had started back in November. I hadn't had time to finish it and I did last week. When I went in yesterday to drop off the painting for adjudication I got really  nervous when I saw how much very good work there was in that room. I walked out going.... "Hmmmmm I am not sure it will make it!".  So I was really thrilled when it did! The show runs March 12 - 23 hosted at Coast Collective, open Wednesday through Sundays, noon to 5. Opening Reception with Artists in Attendance is Sat. March 15, 2 to 4 pm. See the invite below. Do stop by if you are in the area, say hi and enjoy the beautiful works of many talented local artists!

"Alberta Sun"  is from an image I took a couple of years ago when I visited Fort McMurray in Northern Alberta which is where my husband works. I was very fortunate that the weekend I was there the temperatures were reasonable, only about -12 which is a far cry from the -25, -30 and even colder  they get on a regular basis. We went for a walk behind where his house is, the sun was shining and it created very beautiful lights and shadows. I have some more images from that walk that I am hoping to paint from in the future.

Thanks for visiting my blog!




*****

Estoy tan contenta! Presenté un cuadro para la Muestra de Primavera del FCA-Victoria (Federación de Artistas Canadienses). Estaba bastante satisfecha con como había quedado el cuadro que había empezado en Noviembre pasado y que no había tenido tiempo de terminar hasta la semana pasada. Cuando fui a llevarlo ayer para la adjudicación me puse  bastante nerviosa cuando ví cuántos cuadros de muy buen nivel  había. Salí de ahí diciendo "Hmmm..... no sé si me lo van  aceptar!" Por eso es que estoy doblemente contenta!! La muestra es desde el 12 al 23 de Marzo en Coast Collective, abierto de Miércoles and Domingo de 12 a 5 pm. La invitación está arriba. Paren si están en la zona, saluden y disfruten del los trabajos hermosos de muchos artistas locales.

"Soles de Alberta"  es de una imagen que tomé hace un par de años cuando visité Fort McMurray en el Norte de la Prov. de Alberta que es donde mi esposo trabaja. Tuve mucha suerte que la semana que fui de visita las temperatures estuvieron bastante razonables a 12 bajo cero (en compración a los bajo 25 or 30 o mas que tienen normalmente en el invierno). Fuimos a caminar por atrás de la casa de mi esposo, el sol brillaba y creaba luces y sobres muy hermosas. Tengo mas imágenes de este viaje y seguro voy a pintar otras piezas en el futuro.

Gracias por visitar mi blog!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...