Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Leaving Desolation

"Leaving Desolation" - 14x11 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Dejando la Desolación" - 35x28cm - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas
SOLD

Last year on our return from Desolation Sound I painted this view of the mainland mountains. At the time I had painted layers of  receding clouds and they never really worked for me, I was never happy with the painting. Then one day this year, I decided to change it completely and I am now MUCH happier with the way this painting feels!  Unfortunately, I can't find the photo before the makeover....
  

*****

El año pasado cuando volvíamos de Desolation Sound hice este cuadro de la vista que había desde el velero hacia las montañas.  Había pintado las nubes como estaban ese día y eran capas de nubes que se alejaban en la distancia. Nunca me gustó como había quedado por eso un día este año decidí hacer algunos cambios, el cielo está completamente distinto y estoy ahora MUCHO mas contenta con cómo quedó! Desafortunadamente no tengo fotos de la versión anterior.... 



#283

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...