Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

#21 of 30: Home Sweet Home

"Home Sweet Home" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Hogar, Dulce Hogar" - 20x25cm - Oleo
$160

Click Here to Purchase

I started this painting last July at a demo at South Shore Gallery and wasn't able to get back to it until now. I loved lots of what was happening in this painting and I like it now as well. This birdhouse  is actually in my back yard, we have quite a collection of them and I really enjoy watching the birds go in and make nests, some of them stay to actually have the babies in there, some others don't, I wonder why, I don't know enough about birds.... speaking of which I thought of hiding a birdie somewhere..... I may still do it! The colour of the leaves in  the bush behind the fence was just stunning, specially in the evening light! Looking forward to seeing that again in a  few weeks since Fall is starting toshow in many streets and gardens.


*****

Empecé este cuadro este julio pasado cuando hice una demostración en la Galería South Shore y no lo había tocado hasta ahora. Me gustó mucho todo lo que estaba pasando en este cuadro y todavía me gusta. Esta casa de pájaros está en mi patio, tenemos una buena colección y disfruto mucho mirar como los pajaritos anidan, algunos de ellos se quedan hasta que tienen pichones, y otros no pero no se la razón, no se suficiente sobre pájaros… Hablando de eso, pensé que tal vez podía esconder un pajarito en algún lugar… Tal vez todavía lo haga! El color de las hojas del arbusto de atrás de la cerca era espectacular, especialmente en la luz de la atardecer, estoy esperando que esté así de nuevo en un par de semanas ya que el otoño ya está apareciendo en las calles y jardines.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...