Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Orange

"Orange" - 6x6 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Naranja" - 15x15cm - Oleo
SOLD



This was the second still-life from that bouquet of flowers my friend brought over a few weeks ago. I chose to do just one flower, the others were a bit "wilty" by then  (is that a word?) :)

I must say that I am, like most of us I am sure, extremely saddened by the events in Paris last Friday. It is unbelievable and terrible that things like this keep happening in our world. I choose to keep focusing on the positive and beautiful in the world; there is so much of it out there.... I strive to share some of that through my art. It is also one of the few things I can do.  That and say a very special prayer for our world.

"We are here to bring beauty to the world and make a difference in this planet.
That's what art forms are about" - Charlie Haden

*****

 Esta es la segunda pintura del ramo de flores que mi amiga me trajo hace unas semanas. Elegí  hacer sólo una de las flores, las otras estaban medio marchitas ya.

Quiero compratir que  que estoy muy entristecida por los acontecimeintos del Viernes en París. Es increíble y terrible que sigan ocurriendo cosas así en el mundo. Personalmente elijo seguir enfocandome en lo positivo y hermoso que hay en el mundo, que es mucho.... Mi meta es compartir esa belleza  por medio de mi arte. Es una de las pocas cosas que puedo hacer. Eso y decir una oración muy especial por nuestro mundo.

"Estamos acá para traer belleza  al mundo y para hacer una diferencia en este planeta.
Para eso existen las distinats formas de arte" - Charlie Haden


#187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...