Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

#13 of 30: Field of Dreams

"Fields of Dreams" - 18x24 - Oil on Canvas
 "Campos de Sueños" - 45x61cm - Oleo

Well that was FUN! Gosh, I love painting flowers and I have been dying to do it!  I have had these flower fields to finish for quite some time and I have been procrastinating to get to them..... I have gone back into them a couple of times but it wasn't happening so today I started with one and went back to jumping back and forth between paintings. I ended up  working on 3 at the same time; interestingly enough, one is oils and the other 2 are acrylics so it took some thinking as to how I was applying paint. I haven't painted in acrylics for a while and I was reminded of how nice it to work with them too. I have taken this painting today as far as I want to, I may go back tomorrow and change a couple of minor things but for now it needs to sit tight and rest.
The story behind this one is that I had help.... I started it as a demo at Sooke Fine Arts and this little girl came to my table, she was so excited with all the art and what she had created as it was kids' day at the show;  we chatted for a minute and then I asked if she wanted to paint with me and her face lit up! So I explained to her that we don't put the same colour all over, we talked about mixing greens and then she painted on my canvas. She was very pleased with herself and so was I. Thank you for helping me!


My helper, she put a few great strokes on the painting. Thank you!
Mi ayudanta, puso unas cuantas muy buenas pinceladas en el cuadro. Gracias!!

I'll  take this chance to show you a couple of photos from the Sooke Fine Arts Show back in July. (I had them semi ready in a post that I never did!). You can see Yours Truly and "The Secret Garden" at the show,  which is now available at Calla Design in Estevan Village, Oak Bay -  I am thrilled to have artwork in this beautiful store. Janice Long and Sue Pipes are the owners and they offer full interior design services and luxury staging. When you visit them, you will find yourself surrounded by exquisite home furnishings, local, original artwork, and an assortment of small treasures.



All set up for the demo at Sooke Fine Arts last July
Toda lista para hacer una demostración en Sooke Fine Arts este Julio pasado.
"The Secret Garden"
"El Jardín Secreto"

*****
Cómo disfruté de pintar esto! Hace rato que tengo estos cuadros con campos de flores por terminar y he estado procrastinando para hacerlo… Traté de terminarlos varias veces y no pasó nada así que hoy decidí trabajar en uno y empecé a saltar de uno al otro; terminé trabajando en los tres cuadros al mismo tiempo, lo interesante es que uno es en óleo y los otros dos son acrílicos así que tuve que pensar bien como aplicaba la pintura. Hace mucho que no pinto en acrílicos y la verdad es que me sirvió para recordar cuánto me gustan también.
La historia de de este cuadro es que tuve ayuda… Lo comencé con una demostración en Muestra de Bellas Arte de Sooke en Julio.  Hubo una nenita que vino a mi mesa, ella estaba tan contenta con todo el arte y con lo que había ella creado (era el día para chicos en la muestra), charlamos un rato y le pregunté si ella quería pintar conmigo. Se le iluminó la carita y le expliqué que no ponemos el mismo color sobre todo el cuadro, hablamos de cómo mezclar verde y después ella empezó a pintar sobre mi lienzo. Estaba tan contenta! Y yo también :)
Hoy he llevado este cuadro hasta acá, tal vez vuelva mañana y cambie un par de cosas pero por ahora necesita descansar. Aprovecho esta oportunidad para mostrarles un par de fotos de ese día cuando empecé este cuadro. Pueden verme a mí y "El Jardín Secreto "en la muestra. Ese cuadro ahora está disponible en Calla Design  en la Villa Estevan en Oak Bay. Estoy muy contenta de tener trabajo en este hermoso negocio. Janice Long y Sue Pipes son las dueñas y ofrecen servicio completo de diseño de interiores entre otras cosas. Cuando vayan a visitarlas, pueden encontrarse con muebles exquisitos, arte original y local y una variedad de hermosos tesoros.

2 comments:

  1. Love them!, so sweet your helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila! She was really sweet and very happy with herself! Thank you for stopping by and commenting, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...